Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sun, fun and ... nun? : Things to do this week

There is plenty to do this week, believe me. My pick for Sunday has to be the B.O.M.B. fest, an all-day concert starting at 10:30 a.m. at the Durham Fairgrounds. Tickets are $60 at the gate. This was a tough pick for me, however, and the close runner-up is the Chester Lions Club annual antique tractor pull at the Chester Fairgrounds. For a $1 donation you can check out the excitement. What can I say, my dad is a former tractor pull champion, and we call that big entertainment where I am from.

Come Monday, you can have your pick of plenty of Memorial Day parades in the area. Check out our Let the Summer Begin special section for more information.

Now, I type in entries for things called "travel films" pretty often. I wish I knew more about what they are. Anyone know? Well, a travel film on Kentucky will be shown from 2 to 3 p.m. in the Arch Room of the Cromwell Belden Public Library Wednesday. No registration required for this free event.

Speaking of movies, “Love Happens” will be shown at 6 p.m. at the Brainerd Library in Haddam Thursday. What can I say, I love a good chick flick.

Come Friday, The Phoenix Theater Company will be presenting the 25th anniversary of Dan Goggins’ “Nunsense” at 8 p.m. at Town Hall Theater, 174 Main St., Deep River. Tickets $20 for adults, $18 for students and seniors and $15 for groups of 10 or more. I hear it's a riot. Check out the Weekend special section of the paper to read more about it. For reservations and information, visit www.phoenixtheater.us or call (860) 291-2988.

There's something for the whole family this weekend with The Community Kids Carnival at the Middlefield Community Center Saturday, which will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information contact Susan D’Orvilliers at (860) 349-2454.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home